The Programme is designed to reach families:
- Who are using services or potentially at risk of using services, such as Social Services, Police, Benefits, etc.
- Whose members have recently been involved with the Criminal Justice System and who may have recently been released from prison or a Young Offenders Institution.
- Who are not currently in or who are experiencing difficulty in accessing Education, Employment or Training.
- Who are low incomes families or are on benefit.
- Who may be at risk of losing their homes and in particular those engaging in anti-social behavior.
Free Family is a Personal Development Programme, which will benefit families by enabling them to examine self-limiting beliefs and behaviours, to see new choices open to them, take responsibility and therefore develop strategies for sustainable success.
Free Family will achieve its outcomes through:
- Providing a ½ day introduction workshop for each cohort of families.
- Two 5 day intensive residentials for families.
- Follow On weekly family coaching sessions.
- Monthly Large Group Support follow on sessions for the duration.
- A completion Showcase of work achieved.
What are the Benefits of Free Family?
- Families Developing Emotional Coaching Techniques.
- Strategies for handling family situations, conflict, divorce, etc.
- Increased self awareness and self confidence.
- Improved Pro Social Relationships.
- Reduce recidivism.
- Gain family coaching.
- Work on individual goals to Education, Employment or Training.
- Work on family goals to teamwork and harmony.
- Opportunity to overcome barriers to Education, Employment and Training.
- Families engaging more effectively with local services.
To allow participants to explore:
- New ways of relating as a family.
- The family’s relationships with the systems they engage with.
- The family’s beliefs around education, training and employment.
- The family’s cohesion with the communities they live in.
Among the outcomes we would expect to see are to:
- Reduce the number of anti-social behaviour incidents.
- Improve communication with authority figures.
- Improve prospects in education, training and employment.
- Improve relationships with family members.
- Provide sustainable benefit to the community following completion of the programme.